Introduction to power networks (GEE003)
Who should attend?
Engineers who do not have a background in electrical engineering but are working or are associated with the electrical power industry
What will I learn from this course?
- Describe the electrical power network or grid from the generation to transmission and distribution
- Gain further knowledge of each stage of the power flow and its components
- Contribute to decision regarding the electrical power system operations
- Understand the economic aspects of the electricity industry such as deregulation and trading
- The growth of electric power systems in the industry
- Components of the power systems
- Environmental impact of power systems
- Series of impedance of transmission
- Capacitance of transmission lines
- Current and voltage of transmission lines
- System modelling and network calculation
- Economic operations of power systems
- Automatic control
- System protection
- Power system stability and power quality
- Interconnection failures and blackouts
- Deregulation and power trading
|Basic knowledge in electricity and
This training can be provided on site at your own convenience. Real-size equipment available.