HV/MV Power Systems (PROG014)
Who should attend?
Maintenance and commissioning engineers, protection engineers, protection design engineers, project managers.
What will I learn from this course?
- Enhance knowledge and understanding of transmission network protection principles
- Realize an optimal specification of a protection scheme
- Topology and architecture of power transmission networks
- Distance protection and Tele-action schemes
- Line differential protection
- Specific applications for transmission system:
breaker failure, recloser, check-synchro, power swing,
fault locator, fuse detection,
CT & VT supervision, trip circuit supervision
- Bus Bar protection & Bus Bar differential schemes
- Power transformer protection
- Generator/Motor protection
Knowledge of HV and MV electrical networks
Electro-technical and mathematical basis