Flexible AC Transmission System
What will I learn from this course?
You will be able to understand the basic alternating current (AC) power system and the reactive support – static versus dynamic reactive power, the need for and benefits of Flexible AC Transmission System (FACTS). You will be able to identify and recognize the different FACTS solutions: MSC, MSR, SVC, STATCOM, FSC and the FACTS main components and their roles.
- FACTS definition
- AC/DC current overview
- Active and reactive power
- How to connect reactive power solutions
- Capacitor banks
- Mechanical switched reactor (MSR)
- Synchronous condensers
- Static var compensator (SVC)
- SVC design process and comparison
- Thyristor control reactor (TCR)
- Thyristor switch capacitor (TSC)
- SVC & SVC key components: step down rransformer, harmonic filter, cooling system, STATCOM & STATCOM key components: DC batteries, distribution board
- Fixed Series Capacitors (FSC) key components
This suite of online course is available in English.
||Who should attend?
||Personnel working in an electrical environment