Fault Current Calculation (PROG109)
Symmetric components theory, basics and applications
Who should attend?
Technicians and engineers of control engineering consulting firms, project management heads, and operation
What will I learn from this course?
- Understand symmetric current modelling applied to power networks elements
- Interpret each quantity
- Symmetric current theory
- Types, origins and characteristics of the faults
- Physical consequences on the equipment
- Importance of the impact of every quantity (positive, negative, zero-sequence) on the equipment and machines functioning
- Equipment sizing constraints
- Impedances transformation
- Main mentioned equipment short circuit impedances calculation
- Application and digital computing examples, orders of magnitude
|Electro-technical and mathematical basis
Knowledge of Microsoft Windows® an asset.