Power Systems & Energy Course (PSEC)
Power System Planning and Advanced Applications
These courses are held only when sufficient enrollment numbers are met. 2-5 days
Who should attend?
Engineers, planners, consultants, managers, system operators, technicians, finance depending on selected course
What will I learn from this course?
- These intensive courses are designed to strike the necessary balance between energy systems engineering theory and relevant, real-world applications.
- With this world-class educational experience, students will be prepared to develop solutions to some of the toughest challenges their organizations are facing.
Synchronous Machine Fundamentals:
- This course delivers a detailed presentation of the design and construction of synchronous machines, including theory of operation, synchronous machine models, the Park’s transformation, the per-unit system, steady-state and transient operation, and control of real and reactive power.
Power System Dynamics:
- This course provides the foundation for an understanding of power system dynamic characteristics.
Smart Grid: Substation/Distribution Automation:
- Gain a deeper understanding of smart grid technology, especially related to substation and distribution automation applications for which the course explores designs, technical issues, and benefits. Additional topics include the real value of the smart grid and a summary of its architectures.
Power Electronic Applications in Transmission:
- Learn about the application of power electronics in modern power transmission systems, including high-voltage direct current (HVDC) and flexible frequency transformer technology.
Distribution Systems Planning and Engineering:
- Learn about power distribution systems planning and engineering, including basic design and operation of U.S. systems; how to meet cost and performance objectives; equipment application considerations; and how to assess and improve distribution reliability.
|Knowledge of electrical engineering,
power systems & engineering
economics - depending on selected course
|Power System Planning and
|Get detailed course information and register online