Power Systems & Energy Course
PSEC 101-PSEC 106, Power System Engineering
Select entire four-month program, four-week course, or select one of our 21 courses
Who should attend?
Engineers, planners, consultants, managers, system operators, technicians, finance depending on selected course
What will I learn from this course?
- Entire Program: Entire four–month program includes orientation and graduation ceremony
- Focused Courses: Select a four-week course that includes classes related to a specific focus
- Individual Class: Select one of our 21 exclusive courses for understanding a specific subject
- Logistics: Class times are 8 AM–4 PM at the GE Energy Learning Center in Schenectady, NY, USA
PSEC 101 Power System Fundamentals:
- Get an introduction to power markets and fundamental concepts of the electric power system, including: challenges related to reliability, performance and potential bottlenecks or limits on the system that can impact trading, and key power market fundamentals.
PSEC 102 Power System Analysis & Symmetrical Components:
- Power Systems Analysis fundamentals: evolution of alternating current power concepts, analysis of unbalanced faults on large electric power systems.
PSEC 103 Transmission Planning & Analysis:
- A detailed look at transmission: steady-state power flow analysis and dynamic simulations show how to interpret results using world-class GE software analysis tools. Additionally, the impact of deregulation on the power industry is introduced.
PSEC 104 Surge Analysis & Equipment Application:
- Learn about switching and lightning surges, overvoltage control and protection, and coordination of overvoltages with equipment insulation to ensure safe and reliable design. Also learn how to quantify transient voltage stresses from the electrical environment.
PSEC 105 Reactive Power Compensation & Voltage Control:
- Learn how to improve power factor and voltage regulation.
- Examine case studies on the effect of reactive power on voltage regulation and power transfer at the transmission level.
PSEC 106 Protective Relaying Fundamentals:
- Gain an analytical understanding of the application of components of power system protective relaying.
- Learn engineering best practices required to protect transmission, distribution, and rotating machinery systems.
|Knowledge of electrical engineering,
power systems & engineering
economics - depending on selected course
|PSEC 101-PSEC 106,
Power System Engineering
|Get detailed course information
and register online