Introduction to power transformers (A4201)
Who should attend?
Operation and maintenance technicians, graduate engineers, apprentices, and staff new to the power industry, non-technical staff seeking introductory transformer knowledge.
What will I learn from this course?
Gain a basic understanding of power transformer working principles, construction, design and industrial applications in generation and transmission systems.
Wide overview of what power transformers are today and what the future will be through new solutions.
- Transformer safety
- Transformer standards (Basic design, Losses, Construction, Transformer behaviour under load changes)
- Basic transformer theory
- Design characteristics and specifications
- Types and designs of transformers
- Transformer oil (Oil quality tests, Dissolved gas analysis)
- Transformer cooling
- Insulation co-ordination (Winding capacitances, Initial voltage distribution)
- Transformer connections
- Transformer protection
- Voltage regulation and tap changing
- Transformer maintenance
- Transformer testing
- Condition monitoring
- Question and answer session with a global transformer expert
This training can be provided on site at your own convenience.