Introduction to instrument transformers (A5312)
Who should attend?
Consulting and protection engineers and technicians, project managers and field design
What will I learn from this course?
- Understand instrument transformers, their technology and environment
- Optimize their integration in the HV and MV networks
- Specify and select the appropriate solutions in instrument transformers
Different types of instrument transformers
- Current Transformers – CT
- Voltage Transformers – VT
- Combined Metering Units – CMU
- Capacitor Voltage Transformer – CVT
- Paper-oil insulation
- Resin insulation
- SF6 insulation
- Current transformer: nominal ratio, short circuit current, accuracy class and burden, transient performance
- Inductive type voltage transformer: nominal ratio, accuracy class and burden, thermal power
- Capacitor voltage transformer: nominal ratio, accuracy class and burden, thermal power
- Special site & environmental conditions
- Commissioning and maintenance
- Instructions for erection & commissioning, recommendations for maintenance, accessories
|Electro-technical fundamentals and grid protection
||20% Case study-80% Theoretical
This training can be provided on site at your own convenience.