Circuit Breaker Services
For Air & Gas Insulated and Generator Circuit Breakers
Circuit breakers automatically protect installations against phase-to-phase short circuits as well as phase-to-earth short circuits and optimize the reliability and efficiency of operating networks. Operators require cost-effective solutions to avoid unscheduled downtime, major failure and the subsequent penalties.
GE provides a full range of services on the three different types of insulating technologies: minimum oil, air blast and SF6 circuit breakers.
Asset Lifecycle Management Services
Optimize asset maintenance and replacement strategies with GE’s Asset Lifecycle Management services, including site inspection, and online monitoring.
- Visual, functional inspections and electrical tests
- Condition assessment with advanced non-intrusive methods
- Standard protocol for condition data collection including digital applications
- Data check and firsthand diagnostics by GE experts
Circuit breaker online monitoring
- Online condition monitoring device as retrofit solution for all breaker types
- Monitoring of active parts, mechanisms and auxiliaries
- SF6 gas usage, electrical wear and temperature monitoring
- Remote condition monitoring data analysis and alarm management
Added value services
Maintenance & Repair
Maximizing the life cycle performance of circuit breakers and generator circuit breakers.
Maintenance and repair
- Preventive maintenance
- Condition based maintenance
- Trouble shooting repair
- End-of-life management
- Decommissioning solutions including SF6 and oil recycling
Spare parts management Brochure
- Spare parts kits for maintenance & repair
- Strategic spare parts stock for critical or out-phased equipment
- Critical spare parts rotation programs
- Spare Parts Pooling reducing outage duration and inventory cost
- 24/7 technical support
- Guaranteed response time
- Escalation to technical experts
Renovation & Modernization
Technical expertise to deliver custom engineered solutions.
Renovation and overhaul to expand the life of aging equipment
- Conduct the overhauling of the circuit breaker
- Change specified parts based on real condition of the equipment
Modernization (retrofit and upgrade) to solve obsolescence of aging equipment
- Implement latest technology solution on brownfield assets
- Change or retrofit specified parts to upgrade performance and safety
- Shorten intervention with engineered solutions to minimize outage
- Add monitoring on operating assets including continuous online monitoring
Extension for evolving network needs
- Install additional bays and poles to an existing substation
- Offer turnkey solutions for air-insulated substation extensions
Enhance your team’s know-how and productivity with technical training.
Comprehensive training methodologies
- Modular training - at GE training Center or at customer site
- Software training
- Competence development training
- Educational partnership
Complete scope for all employees
- Electrical safety and environmental risk prevention
- Applicable for power transformers, instrument transformers, circuit breakers, disconnectors, gas-insulated switchgear and HVDC systems
- Protection and control systems
- Network management solutions
- Grid modernization solutions for the smart grid
Supporting a Broad Range
Benefiting from Centers
Supporting a Broad Range of High Voltage Circuit Breakers & Generator Circuit Breakers
GE maintains and repairs all types of circuit breakers, from recent to legacy assets that have been designed and installed for over a century including Sprecher+Schuh, AEG, Alsthom, Gec Alsthom, Areva, Alstom and GE equipment . Continuously developing new technologies, GE has the cumulated experience that allows GE field specialists to support any type of pneumatic, hydraulic or spring mechanism and any type of air, oil or SF6 insulation methods.
GE also provides condition assessment using non intrusive technologies and replacement of other OEM circuit breakers and generator circuit breakers.
4 Worldwide Centers of Excellence providing HV Circuit breaker services expertise
The local field service and engineering teams are supported by Centers of Excellence fully dedicated to design the maintenance plans, repair, monitoring, modernization and replacement solutions and to deliver customer training. There capabilities include:
- High voltage dielectric, electronic and mechanical testing capabilities
- Located at GE circuit breaker manufacturing and R&D facilities
- Certified ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001
- Training centers with on-hands capabilities
Multi-Year Service Agreement & Outcome Based Contract
GE’s multi-year service years agreements are tailored to complement customers in-house resources and capabilities. Helping customers from increasing the reliability and availability of their systems to optimizing the total cost of ownership of their assets with:
- Close Partnership: To help achieve business goals, GE’s expertise on asset behavior and operations excellence is available as part of the customer service
- Fix cost and planned outage: Costs are contractually guaranteed while onsite jobs can be planned months ahead during customer scheduled outages
- Customized agreement: Long term agreements can include 24/7 support, obsolescence and parts management, maintenance and operations services, fleet management whatever the brands of the circuit breaker and generator circuit breaker
- Outcome based: Through outcome based contract, GE can guarantee the performance and the availability of any asset for long-term value. Contracts are tailored to serve power generation plant business objectives.