Comptel Integrates GE’s Inventory Software Solutions to Streamline Telecom Service Fulfilment
- At TM Forum Live!, companies to discuss how inventory data integration can help operators prevent service delivery inaccuracies, reduce costs and improve the customer experience
HELSINKI—4 June 2014—Comptel Corporation (OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that it is integrating GE’s (NYSE: GE) inventory software solutions to help communications service providers (CSPs) manage and access the large amount of data split across multiple inventory systems. By enabling service orchestration to reach beyond inventory, operators can ensure reliable, accurate and efficient service delivery, decrease costs resulting from “truck rolls” and maintain the customer experience.
At TM Forum Live!, taking place 2-5 June 2014 in Nice, France, Comptel and GE will be on hand to discuss their joint inventory solution, which consists of Comptel Fulfillment and GE Digital Energy’s Smallworld™ Physical Resource Assignment (PRA). The companies will explain how CSPs can embrace the functional and domain strengths of multiple inventory systems, specifically around fibre and FTTx, without having to undertake a major transformation project. They will also explain how to leverage TM Forum standards to build operational interfaces in order to consolidate and share data to mutual benefit.
- Comptel Fulfillment is the world's leading order fulfillment platform, combining a flexible approach to service design with a robust, highly automated delivery capability across multiple networks and service platforms. Comptel Fulfillment serves as a bridge between customer order and service use – reducing costs, supporting service innovations and improving the quality of customer interactions with CSPs.
- GE Digital Energy’s Smallworld™ PRA, part of the company’s network inventory portfolio, streamlines the service fulfillment process by automating the generation of physical paths and assigning the physical resources needed to support service requests. This enables operators to increase “first-time turn up” of service, deliver more accurate provisioning, reduce the cost of installation failures and improve quality of service.
- “CSPs are challenged with either legacy inventory systems and unmanageable data silos or an overly complex, single platform replacement strategy,” said Bryan Friehauf, executive product line leader, GE Digital Energy. “Through our collaboration with Comptel, we can help CSPs overcome these challenges, providing federated access to the inventory data operators need so they can streamline service orchestration while decreasing overhead.”
- “CSPs have large amounts of inventory data. If they align and automate the sharing of that information between systems, operators stand to achieve significant results, including preventing service delivery inaccuracies, recouping unnecessary costs and strengthening the customer experience,” said Antti Koskela, chief technology officer, Comptel. “We are pleased to work with GE and continue to aid CSPs in adopting more intelligent fulfillment processes.”
To learn more about GE’s Smallworld PRA, please click here.