Network Stability and Synchrophasor Measurement System
The N60 network stability and synchrophasor measurement system is a flexible device intended for the development of load shedding, remedial action, special protection schemes and wide area monitoring and control. Like no one device before, the N60 shares real-time operational data to remote N60s so the system can generate intelligent decisions to maintain power system operation.
New and Enhanced Communication Capabilities
Cyber Security - CyberSentry UR (FW v7.xx)
CyberSentryTM enables UR devices to deliver full cyber security features that help customers to comply with cyber security requirements (NERC CIP, IEEE 1686, IEC 62443, etc):
Fully Compatible with IEC 61850-9-2LE or IEC61869 process bus schemes:
Extended Oscillography Records (FW v7.xx)
New and Enhanced Protection and Control Functionality
- Underfrequency, overfrequency, rate of change of frequency (df/dt)and dedicated harmonic/inrush detection
- Out-of-step tripping and power swing blocking
- Thermal overload and phase instantaneous overcurrent
- Overvoltage, undervoltage
- FlexMath for performing automated network control for applications such as automatic load shedding, power balancing and remedial action schemes
Protection & Control
The N60 incorporates a wide range of protection and control functions that are typically required for special protection schemes. These protection and control elements along with the use of the advanced FlexLogic, FlexMath, and FlexElements, allow for creating automated system controls for customized special protection schemes.
Functional Block Diagram
ANSI® Device Numbers & Functions
- Phasor Measurement Unit (synchrophasor) according to IEEE® C37.118 (2014) and IEC® 61850-90-5 support
- High-speed reporting 120fps (Pclass)
- Magnitude and phase calibration
- Dual reporting (P & M class simultaneously)
- Aggregation capabilities
- Multiple configurable PMU elements (up to 6)
- PMU recording configurable (46 channels)
- Extended protection and control features
- Data Logger – Up to 16 channels with sampling rate up to 1 sample/cycle
Monitoring & Diagnostics
The N60 includes high accuracy metering and recording for all AC signals. Voltage, current, and power metering are built into the relay as a standard feature. Current and voltage parameters are available as total RMS magnitude, and as fundamental frequency magnitude and angle.
FlexLogic is the powerful UR-platform programming logic engine that provides the ability to create customized protection and control schemes based on information measured locally by the N60 and received from remote N60s sent to it over the communications network. With FlexLogic, the N60 can use the status of measured inputs, along with the output of the protection elements, FlexElements and FlexMath summators, in Boolean logic equations to perform automated functions for customized special protection schemes.
Complete IEC 61850 Process Bus solution providing resource optimization and minimizing total P & C life cycle costs
- Three independent 100Mbps Ethernet ports enable purpose specific LAN support that eliminates latency effect of heavy traffic protocols on mission critical communication services
- Embedded IEEE 1588 time-synch protocol support eliminates dedicated IRIG-B wiring requirements for IEDs
- Direct I/O secures high-speed exchange of binary data between URs
- Increase network availability by reducing failover time to zero through IEC62439-3 PRP, HSR or dual HSR support
The N60 provides advanced communications technologies for remote data and engineering access, making it the easiest and most flexible Motor protection relay to use and integrate into new and existing infrastructures. Direct support for fiber optic Ethernet provides high-bandwidth communications allowing for low-latency controls and high-speed file transfers of relay fault and event record information. The available three independent and redundant Ethernet options provide the means to create fault tolerant communication architectures in an easy, cost-effective manner.
The N60 supports the most popular industry standard protocols enabling easy, direct integration into DCS and SCADA systems.
- IEC 61850-9-2LE networked or IEC 61869 point-to-point or networked or IEC61850-9-2 Hardfiber process bus support
- DNP 3.0 (serial & TCP/IP)
- IEC 60870-5-103 and IEC 60870-5-104
- Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP
- HTTP, TFTP, SFTP and MMS file transfer
- Redundant SNTP and IEEE 1588 for time synchronization
- PRP as per IEC 62439-3
- Supports Routable GOOSE (R-GOOSE)
Interoperability with Enbedded IEC 61850
Use the N60 with integrated IEC 61850 to lower costs associated with generator protection, control and automation. GE’s leadership in
IEC 61850 comes from thousands of installed devices and follows on years of development experience with UCA 2.0.
The N60’s IEC 61850 Process Bus module is designed to interface with the Multilin HardFiber System, allowing bi-directional IEC 61850 fiber optic communications. The HardFiber System is designed to integrate seamlessly with existing Universal Relay applications, including protection functions, FlexLogic, metering and communications. Learn More
The N60 can also connect to GE MU320 or third-party merging units using standard IEC 61869 or IEC 61850-9-2LE communication protocols.
Cyber Security - CyberSentry™ UR (FW v7.4xx)
CyberSentry enables UR devices to deliver full cyber security features that help customers to comply with NERC CIP and NITIR 7628 cyber security requirements through supporting the following core features:
Supporting up to 20 alpha- numeric or special characters, UR passwords exceed NERC CIP requirements for password complexity. Individual passwords per role are available.
AAA Server Support (Radius)
Enables integration with centrally managed authentication and accounting of all user activities and uses modern industry best practices and standards that meet and exceed NERC CIP requirements for authentication and password management.
Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
Efficiently administrate users and roles within UR devices. The new and advanced access functions allow users to configure up to five roles for up to eight configurable users with independent passwords. The standard “Remote Authentication Dial In User Service” (Radius) is used for authentication.
Event Recorder (Syslog for SEM)
Capture all cyber security related events within a SOE element (login, logout, invalid password attempts, remote/local access, user in session, settings change, FW update, etc), and then serve and classify data by security level using standard Syslog data format. This enables UR devices integration with established SEM (Security Event Management) systems.
The EnerVista™ suite is an industry-leading set of software programs that simplifies every aspect of using the N60 relay. The EnerVista™ suite provides all the tools to monitor the status of the protected asset, maintain the relay, and integrate information measured by the N60 into DCS, SCADA monitoring or WAM systems. Convenient COMTRADE and Sequence of Events viewers are an integral part of the UR setup software included with every UR relay, to carry out postmortem event analysis and ensure proper protection system operation. Learn More