Through a built-in infra-red (IrDA) port, the meter can be programmed through a lap top computer without a physical wire connection to the meter, making programming or data download convenient and safe. Using standard high speed Modbus communications, the meter can also provide data to RTUs, PLCs and other control devices. When used with the EnerVista suite of software, the meter can be remotely monitored.
The EPM 6000 provides two independent communication ports with advanced features.
IrDA port – Uniquely the unit has an optical IrDA port allowing the unit to be set up and programmed using a remote laptop without needing a communication cable. The second port is factory selectable to be either a RS485 port or an Ethernet port with features as follows:
- RS485 Port – This port provides RS485 communication using Modbus ASCII or Modbus RTU or DNP 3.0 protocol. Baud rates are from 9600 to 57.6 kbaud
- Ethernet Port – This port provides connectivity via a 10/100BaseT RJ45 connection. Modbus TCP protocol is supported
EnerVista Launchpad is a powerful software package that provides users a platform to access all of the setup and support tools needed for configuring and maintaining GE’s Multilin products. Launchpad allows configuration of devices in real-time by communicating using RS232, RS485, Ethernet, or modem connections. Using Launchpad as the single interface to the setup and analysis software makes it simple to enter setpoints, read metered values, monitor status and evaluate power quality. Included in Launchpad is a document archiving and management system that ensures critical documentation is up-to-date and available when needed by automatically checking for and downloading new versions of manuals, applications notes, specifications, and service bulletins.
Viewpoint Monitoring is a simple-to-use, full-featured monitoring and data recording software package for small systems. Viewpoint Monitoring provides a complete HMI package that instantly puts critical real-time device data on your PC through pre-configured graphical screens with the following functionality.
- Plug-&-Play Device Monitoring
- System Single-Line Monitoring & Control
- Annunciator Alarm Screens
- Trending Reports
- Automatic Event Retrieval
- Automatic Waveform Retrieval
EnerVista Integrator is a toolkit that allows seamless integration of GE Multilin devices into new or existing automation systems by sending GE device data to HMI, DCS, and SCADA systems. Included in EnerVista Integrator is:
- OPC/DDE Server
- GE Multilin Drivers
- Automatic Event Retrieval
- Automatic Waveform Retrieval
Unique Current Input Connections
EPM 6000 meter uses a two current input wiring methods.
- Method One - CT pass through. Directly pass the CT through the meter without any physical termination on the meter. This insures that the meter cannot be a point of failure on the CT circuit. This is preferable to utility users when sharing relay class CTs. No Burden is added to the secondary CT circuit.
- Method Two - Current “Gills.” The meter additionally provides ultra-rugged termination pass through bars allowing the CT leads to be terminated on the meter. This also eliminates any possible point of failure at the meter. This method is also a preferred technique for ensuring relay class CT integrity does not get compromised. No terminal blocks are required and this stud based design ensures that CTs will not open under a fault condition.
EPM 6000T TRANSDUCER OPTION
EPM 6000T is under last-time buy. Orders may be placed until 15th October 2021, and will be fulfilled based upon availability. As an alternative, please refer to the EPM7000PT .
The EPM 6000 is available in a transducer configuration. This meter version comes without a display and has a DIN rail mount. It’s ideal for use in switchgear retrofit applications where access to the meter face and display is not necessary, and where budgets are a large consideration.
- EPM 6000 Power Meter without display, DIN mount
- Mounts directly in ANSI C39.1 (4” round form) or and IEC 92mm DIN square form
- Uses minimal panel space with 4.25” panel depth
- Multifunction Power and Energy Meter
- 0.2% Watt-hour accuracy
- Ethernet communications
Expanding existing switchgear or installing new metering capability can be challenging due to space limitations, downtime and installation and equipment costs. GE's Multilin Meter Enclosure is a pre-wired configured, economical solution for both retrofit expansions and small scale meter installations that allows the expansion of existing switchgear capability without expensive and time-consuming design.
When ordered as a meter option the enclosure provides a factory pre-wired, installation-ready metering solution that further drives energy cost savings, by enabling the measurement of key energy usage information along multiple metering points for new or existing systems.
Ordering the enclosure is simple when selected as an option during meter configuration, ensuring correct pre-wired meter-compatible delivery.
Pre-Wired, Configured and Economical Solution for Retrofit and Small Metering Systems
Easy and Rapid Installation
- Factory pre-wired, installation-ready GE metering solution eliminates wiring and associated errors for rapid installation
- Extend metering capability with new systems and existing switchgear without system installation downtime
Cost-Effective Retrofit Solution
- Save up to 200% versus the addition of a new switchgear cabinet
- Compact footprint makes effective use of existing allocated space
- Allows new installations or the expansion of existing switchgear capability without expensive, time-consuming designs, eliminating system downtime
Reliable and Compatible
- Backed by a two-year warranty
- Simple meter option ordering ensures compatibility with GE EPM 2000/6010/6000/7000 meters
- Comprehensive factory testing of both meter and enclosure together
- NEMA1 tested and UL/CUL certified
Applications (New and Retrofit installations)
- Industrial Multi-Tenant Monitoring
- Commercial/Residential Buildings
- Healthcare Institutions
- Government Buildings
- Educational Campuses