Multiplexing Solutions for Critical Communications
The Lentronics™ E1MXe Multiplexer is a powerful, flexible and reliable solution for converged
service networks. The E1MXe extends critical channel access into harsh utility environments over microwave
radio, leased line and dedicated
fiber optic or
copper cable networks.
- Secure and dependable transport of critical utility information over public or private
- Supports standalone E1 networks, E1 spurs and E1 access applications for higher order systems
- Upgradable to a TN1Ue SDH Multiplexer to satisfy increasing bandwidth requirements
- Network managed providing complete system monitoring and diagnostics for each individual DS0 channel
The Lentronics E1MXe Multiplexer
can be deployed in a variety of applications, from E1 circuit extensions
through leased lines, E1 microwave radio links and spurs, as well as in standalone E1 networks connecting multiple
facilities or multiple sites within a single large facility.
Hybrid Lentronics E1MXe and TN1Ue SDH Multiplexer Networks
Remote E1MXe Multiplexer (terminal multiplexer) connected via a an E1 link to a TN1Ue SDH
- Meets IEC 61850-3 specifications for communications networking devices in electric power substations
- Reliable operation in extreme temperatures from -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C)
- Meets Earthquake Risk Zone 4 shock and vibration specification
- Integrated Compact Digital Access X-Connect (CDAX)
- Supports a wide range of Lentronics TN1Ue compatible DS0 interface units including voice, data, teleprotection and Ethernet applications
Robust & Reliable
- Built-in test capabilities
- No external power converter required and no internal fans
- Hot swappable units eliminate the need to power down the multiplexer, minimizing traffic disruptions
- Optional 1:1 protected CDAX units improve reliability and circuit availability
- End-to-end circuit monitoring
- Integrated NMS solution with Lentronics SDH Multiplexer networks
The E1MXe Multiplexer, a part of the field proven Lentronics digital transport and access system, supports a
wide range of DS0 applications.
The E1MXe can be deployed in several network configurations such as:
- Terminal multiplexer
- Add/Drop multiplexer
- Cross-connect configuration
Supporting a wide range of DS0 interface units, the E1MXe Multiplexer offers voice, data, teleprotection and Ethernet options.
For high circuit count applications, the E1MXe offers expansion shelves to grow with the network’s requirements.
Designed for critical infrastructure applications, the E1MXe Multiplexer supports full duplex ITU-T G.703 compliant 2.048
channelized circuits ensuring low latency for DS0 applications.
Network Management System
Allowing simple installation, ongoing management and maintenance of the multiplexer, without expensive workstations, the
E1MXe offers local or remote configuration, performance monitoring and diagnostics. With settings and configuration
parameters maintained in non-volatile flash memory, configuration is maintained after loss of power.