Directory: Main / NETview / Ver220
Overview of MDS NETview MS
- The new MDS NETview software provides an operator with a central console
from which to view an MDS radio network and associated IP-connected devices
in a hierarchical map perspective.
- The NETview software application can monitor the network for fault and performance
information, and perform various maintenance tasks on the radios.
- By utilizing a client/server interface, many users can simultaneously connect
to the NETview Server (also known as MDSnv Server) to perform network management.
First Time Users
- Launch the NETview installation first and then select the appropriate link to
install the Client and/or Server applications. NETview, Trap Tracker, and the
Java Runtime Engine (JRE) will all be installed.
- On server PCs, also install the TFTP Server application.
- After installation, launch the NETview server first and then the NETview client.
- To log into the MDSnv server for the first time use:
- First time users will be prompted to create a default map of their system.
- After selecting a name for the map, ensure that you are in edit mode by verifying
that Lock Map is displayed in the File menu.
- To add a Network Element, simply click on an icon on the left like the LEDR Radio
and drag it over to the map area.
- The user will be prompted at this time for an IP address for the new element.
After a connection is tested to the new element, it is placed onto the map area.
If the connection fails, a dialog box prompts the user to either delete it
or keep it anyway.
- In a similar fashion, Network Elements can be "wired" together to illustrate
their position within the network.
For Further Information
- Use the NETview Client application On-line Help system.