With it’s bi-directional power flows, today’s power systems are under increased stresses from congestion, system load adjustments and power swings. Utilities need advanced solutions that can provide wide area monitoring and control for faster fault isolation.
GE’s field proven Multilin UR platform has been enhanced (firmware version 7.4) to extend its certified IEC 61850 Edition 2 implementation with Routable GOOSE (‘R-GOOSE’). R-GOOSE improves wide area monitoring and control capabilities as it enables the utility to multicast GOOSE messages beyond the substation, delivering a faster, secure and more cost effective architecture for wide area applications.
This latest edition also provides communications, ease-of-use and application flexibility enhancements including:
- Integration of the powerful Multilin UR Setup and UR Engineer software tools, providing unparalleled ease-of-use when configuring and testing devices
- Support for the 2013 IEC/IEEE COMTRADE standard, simplifying the management of fault records
- Simulation bit in line with IEC 61850 Edition 2, simplifying test procedures and reducing testing time and risk
- Configurable logical devices, enabling an additional level of data custom-self-description for seamless device integration
- UR Setup software is enhanced with IEC 61850 GOOSE subscription menus, enabling operators to directly read third party SCL setting files