Smallworld Network Inventory* software, from GE Energy, offers leading service providers intelligent inventory to control the deployment of their network. The combination of spatially accurate inventory, integrated design intelligence and strategic decision support is critical to business survival.
Logical Network Inventory is a network modeling tool that enables you to document, plan and manage telecommunications networks. It provides you with the tools to model the infrastructure of your network and to effectively manage the bandwidth within it.
Logical Network Inventory provides tools to configure, capture
and manage the complex elements that govern the real life behavior
and capabilities of your network. This includes the logical infrastructure of the network and also the rules that control the operation of the network – both from a technical and business perspective. In particular Logical Network Inventory provides:
The ability to define the network structures, including locations, network elements and providers including facilities, rings and subnetworks.
- Recording of the logical services riding on the underlying structures.
- Configuration and capability rules to support network operations.
- Circuit routing rules for achieving service level requirements.
- A flexible channel hierarchy, supporting both synchronous and asynchronous technologies.
- Life cycle management for operational state transitions and validation.
- Ability to define and implement complex protection and diversity schemes.