Digital substation Ethernet switches
The S20 switches provide all the elements needed for the IEC 61850 digital substation network. It provides connections between IEDs that are flexible, reliable and robust, including those that are Precision Time Protocol (PTP) aware according to the IEEE 1588 v2 standard.
Manufacturing for the T1000 has been discontinued, replaced by the S20 switch.
A flexible, modular design allows these switches to support a wide range of different network architectures:
- The S2020 is a fast control Ethernet switch designed for less critical applications in industry and power systems, allowing up to 20 Fast Ethernet ports or up to 16 Fast Ethernet.
- The S2024G is a managed gigabit Ethernet switch designed for applications that request an increased number of Ethernet ports and Gigabit connection to most of the nodes. The S2024G allows up to 24 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces operating simultaneously.
The S20 switches can be configured and managed cyber-securely using an SSH command line interface or an HTTPS graphical interface. Both switches support RADIUS and TACACS+ remote authentication technology. Statistical management information can be accessed using SNMP v2/v3.
- Fully flexible Ethernet switch for digital substations
- Interfaces can be replaced without reconfiguration
- Applications include GOOSE, MMS, process bus, PMU, WAMS
- Cyber-secure configuration and management
- Support for IPv4 and IPv6 protocols (Multicast, Unicast and Broadcast operation)
- RSTP (IEEE 802.1D) and MSTP (IEEE 802.1Q)
- Internal clock synchronization using NTP protocol
- IEEE 1588v2 compliant (Precision Time Protocol – PTP) at all ports (S2024G)